Sunday 10 April 2011

Mea Culpa- the emails arrived!

A qualified apology to Eudora - the emails that Eudora decided might cause me offense (see post below) appeared in my Inbox this morning. Sitting beside them were a few warning red chilli peppers, but after several days spent wanderin' the protocol prairies of internet and corporate ethics (oxymoron?), they made it through and free speech lives another day.


I will never appreciate being preached at by my own software, either with chilli peppers, highlighted texts or erroneous warning messages. The exercise is flawed anyway, as I don't suppose the world will benefit from baccy-chewin' bigots and rocking chair racists being told by their own computers that using the word 'fag' might cause offense. They want to use it because it will cause offense.


Anyway, I jumped to conclusions and was only partially right, which is a cowardly way of saying I was wrong. Time for software manufacturers to update their international abusive term databases and more to the point, time for this colyoom to move on!

2 comments:

David Rainger said...

They're still fuckers, aren't they though.

Charlie Adley said...

Sodding right David!